Providing infrastructure solutions for the natural gas industry
Natural Gas Distribution, Service, Construction, HDD & Maintenance
Physical Requirements for Field Technician and Apprentice to Field Technician Positions
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary function test for use of respiratory equipment.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders, stairs, and the like using feet, legs, hands and arms.
- Must be able to maintain balance when walking, standing or crouching on /in narrow or slippery surfaces and/or spaces.
- Must be able to independently operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner.
- Must be able to independently enter/exit a motor vehicle as required during an eight hour shift.
- Must be able to bend and/or stoop requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Must be able to kneel and or crouch by bending legs at knees to come to rest at knees and bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
- Must be able to walk, stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to grasp/handle small hand tools and other objects by applying pressure with fingers and palms.
- Must be able to work primarily with fingers (pinching, picking, etc.) rather than using the whole hand or arm.
- Must be able to pull, push, lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 lbs
- Must have vision correctable to 20/40.
- Must not have an average hearing loss greater than 40 decibels in the better ear at frequencies of 500, 1000 and 2000 with or without a hearing aid.
- Must be able to smell gas odor in normal concentrations.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions by extending arms and hands in any direction with substantial movement of wrists, hands and fingers.
- Must be able to physically express ideas in writing.
- Must be able to enter letters and numbers on a keyboard.
- Must be able to rotate and revolve body (twist) as to face in another direction.
- Must be able to work outside for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide, decimals, fractions, basic algebra and geometry.
Submit Your Information Below
After you've served your country, turn your military training into an opportunity to serve in the natural gas industry at All About Gas! We are always looking for talented Field Technicians and Apprentice to Field Technicians.